HL Micro-Credential: Language, Culture, and Diversity
This micro-credential covers integration of health literacy when developing, implementing, and evaluating language access efforts, including translating and interpreting. Includes efforts advocating for awareness, competency, and including a health literacy perspective in understanding different cultures, languages, disabilities/physical limitations/challenges, and populations (urban, rural, different ages, etc.).
Language, Culture, and Diversity
Continuing Education Credits
IHA is excited to announce continuing education (CE) credits for the Language, Culture, and Diversity micro-credential. If you completed the program and passed the exam, you are eligible to receive CE credits in this micro-credential. Here are the CE credits you can earn:
- Certified Health Education Specialist and Master Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES/MCHES)
- Certified in Public Health (CPH)
- Registered Nurses (CNE)
Here is how you can earn your CE credits:
After completing the lessons, you will be directed to a link to complete an online exam. The exam is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, allowing you to complete it at your convenience. Once you begin the exam, you must finish it in one sitting. The exam does not have a time limit to complete, and most participants finish in approximately 2 hours. You must receive a score of 480 or higher to request a CE certificate. You will have three opportunities (6 months from the program start date) to pass the exam.
Once you pass the exam you will receive a link to the Continuing Education Form to request CE credits. Upon receipt of the form, IHA will email your CE Certificate. These are emailed at the beginning of each month. Once you have your certificate, see the instructions below from your accreditation provider for what to do next:
- Nurses- IHA will keep record of attendees who successfully completed the program and passed the exam in a secure and confidential manner for a period of six years.
- California Board of Registered Nursing – You must self-report your time on the CA Board of RN website. Keep the Certificate of Completion for 4 years in case you are audited by the California Board of Registered Nurses.
- Certified Public Health Professionals- You must self-report your time on the CPH Recertification and Reporting System portal.
- Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES/MCHES)- IHA reports credits to NCHEC quarterly on January 15th, April 15th, July 15th, and October 15th.
Certified Health Education Specialists - CHES/MCHES Sponsored by (Institute for Healthcare Advancement), a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc, this activity is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) to receive up to 0 total Category I continuing education contact hours. Maximum advanced-level continuing education contact hours available are 5. Continuing Competency credits available are 0. Provider ID#: 101864
Certified Public Health - CPH: This activity is approved for up to 5 credits accepted by the National Board of Public Health Examiners' Certified Public Health (CPH) recertification program.
California Nursing: Institute for Healthcare Advancement is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP# 11933, for up to 5 contact hours.
All Nurses: This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
All presenters and planners have no actual or potential conflict of interest in relation to this program/presentation.
If you have any questions regarding continuing education credits, please reach out to Eskarlethe Juarez at email@example.com.