For Technical Support, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is my login info?
We have recently completed an integration to make the login process to this site easier. To access this site moving forward, please enter the email address and password used to access https://www.healthliteracysolutions.org/home
Still having trouble logging in - no worries, contact email@example.com
How do I access the sessions?
You should have received a confirmation email with detailed instructions. Within that email there is a link which directs you to the login area.
You can access any of the sessions by clicking on the “AGENDA” in the top menu bar or "enter sessions" icon on the home page.
From the AGENDA tab, select the conference day you would like to view. Click on any session title and access the “View Session” button. You can access the conference under the "Content" tab. You will be able to access the session 15 minutes before the start time of the session by clicking the yellow "view session" button. Please refresh your screen if it doesn't display.
Will I be able to view the recorded archive of these virtual conference sessions?
The virtual sessions are being recorded and all registrants will have access to them. All sessions will be posted by November 2nd.
The process will be similar to how you login for the live programs, but you will be able to view at your convenience.
Will the sessions have closed captioning?
Closed captioning is only available when you view a recorded session. Closed captioning is not available for live sessions.
Can I receive contact hours for attending conference?
Visit https://hlia-harcconf.org/cont... for more information.
Reminder: Full participation is required. You must complete a session survey at the end. A certificate of attendance will be available once completed. Be sure to download your certificate.
Partial credit is NOT offered.
Having trouble with audio
I am having trouble with streaming audio, I can’t hear the speaker through my computer speakers, the streaming stopped… what do I do?
If you are not able to hear any audio through your computer speakers first check to make sure your speakers are not muted or turned off.
The next step is to refresh your screen by pressing the F5 key on your keyboard or clicking the “refresh” button in your web browser.
If you continue to have technical issues send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoom Help: Https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-...
The slides are not loading; I can’t see the slides, other technical issues.
Please ensure your organization meets hardware, software and bandwidth
Please take the following requirements well in advance
· Step 1: Perform a browser test (CLICK HERE)
· Step 2: Please review the following Technical Requirements and be sure your system and networks are up to date.
Can I use an iPad or smart phone to access the sessions?
Yes, however you will need to download the ZOOM plugin for whatever OS your device uses, then login to the Training Site per instructions above. For the best experience, be sure you have a strong connection to your wireless provider. (Features are limited using the mobile version.)
Minimum System Requirements:
2.0Ghz Processor or faster 2 GB RAM (Greater than 2 GB recommended)
Minimum Browser Requirements:
Browser must support HTML-5. To detect your browser version, run https://whichbrowser.net/
Windows 7 or later Mac OS X 10.9 or later Chrome 60 or greater Firefox 52 or greater Edge 14 or greater Safari 10 or greater iOS 10 or greater Internet Explorer 11
IP Addresses and Ports to Allow for HTML5: 126.96.36.199 port 80, 443 (web and audio) 188.8.131.52 port 80, 443 (web and audio) 184.108.40.206 ports 80, 443 (web and audio) 220.127.116.11 ports 80, 443 (web and audio) 18.104.22.168 ports 80, 443 (web and audio)
Other Recommendations: It is recommended that you use a PC or MAC with an updated Internet Browser. Make sure you have pop-ups blockers disabled in your Internet browser settings. Make sure that your internet browser is Active X enabled. Wifi is not recommended. The problem with WiFi is signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease. We recommend a wired connection. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth. A wired connection provides a better experience. Audio (sound) is projected through your computer speakers. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers or the room where the conference is being broadcast is equipped with speakers so you can hear the presenters.
Need Further Technical Assistance? Please send an email to email@example.com
CONTINUING EDUCATION FAQs
We are offering up to 13 Continuing Education (CE) Credits!
No fees are charged.
CE Credits for Conference Sessions are available in the following categories:
• CHES/MCHES (Category 1 Continuing Education Contact Hours) from NCHEC, Provider #101864
• CME’s from Loma Linda University School of Medicine who is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)
• California Nurses CEs from The California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP# 11933
• CPH Recertification Credits from National Board of Public Health Examiners'
• Librarian CEs from The Medical Library Association
*Please note, the amount of credits you receive depends on the sessions you view and the type of credit you are seeking. If you are seeking credits for another accrediting organization we can send you a Certificate of Attendance and you may submit this certificate to your own credentialing board (dietitians, nursing, pharmacy, etc.) to see if you can obtain transferable CEUs from your board.
TO RECEIVE CONTINUING EDUCATION
At the conclusion of the conference you will need to complete the Overall Conference Evaluation and CEU Request Form. You must self-attest to the sessions you attended and submit a completed evaluation form in order to receive credits. You will then receive your certificate via email within 2 weeks. Once you have your certificate, see the instructions below from your accreditation provider for what to do next:
California Board of Registered Nursing- Keep the certificate for 4 years, in case you are audited by the California Board of Registered Nurses.
Certified Public Health Professionals- You must self-report your time on the CPH Recertification and Reporting System portal.
Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES/MCHES)- Credits are reported to NCHEC quarterly; therefore, credits from this conference will be reported Jan. 15, 2021.
Physicians - Credits will be reported directly to Loma Linda University School of Medicine who is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
Librarians MLA- After you complete the evaluation and CEU request form, if you request MLA credit you will be provided with an enrollment code and a link to MEDLIB-ED, the Medical Library Association’s (MLA) clearinghouse for CE classes and credit. Where you may claim and print your certificate. Complete instructions will be emailed to you.
Outside of CA Nurses- Outside of CA Nurses who complete a CME accredited activity will receive a Non-physician certificate of attendance.
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners accepts CME-accredited courses for their members as part of their requirements for recertification. (Recertification FAQ )
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
The ANCC accepts formally approved CME accredited courses for its members to gain CEUs (ANCC ).
Please, make sure you check with your state board of nursing to ensure CMEs will be accepted – some states will not recognize these as continuing education for license renewal.
Other healthcare professionals- Non-physician healthcare professionals who complete a CME accredited activity will receive a Non-physician certificate of attendance. You may submit this certificate to your own credentialing board (psychology, pharmacy, etc.) to see if you can obtain transferable CEUs from your board.
Certified Health Education Specialists- CHES/MCHES Sponsored by (Institute for Healthcare Advancement), a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc, this activity is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) to receive up to 13 total Category I continuing education contact hours. Maximum advanced-level continuing education contact hours available are 7.25. Continuing Competency credits available are 0. Provider ID#: 101864
NCHEC Maximum advanced-level CECH sessions:
- Monday, October 19 - 10:45am (ET) - Plenary: Establishing a Broad Health Literacy Collectivity
- Monday, October 19 - 11:30am (ET) - Breakout: Numeracy Best Practices: When, Why, and How to Use (or Lose) Numbers in Health Materials
- Tuesday, October 20 – 12:20pm (ET) - Breakout: The Double Whammy of Pandemic and Infodemic: Applying Health Literacy and Clear Communication Principles to Overcome Misinformation
- Tuesday, October 20 – 1:50pm (ET) - Plenary: Reaching the Hispanic Community in Times of Crisis – Lessons from Por Nuestra Salud y Bienestar
- Wednesday, October 21 – 11:30am (ET) - Creating a Foundation for Interprofessional, Health Literacy Education for Health, Social Work, and Legal Professionals
- Monday, October 19 – 1:00pm (ET) - Special Interest Group: Advocating for Policy: How to Champion Health Literacy?
- Tuesday, October 20 – 11:30am (ET) - Breakout Session C: Workshop: Is Your WebLitLegit? Helping Teens Discern Health Information Truth from Trash on the Internet
- Tuesday, October 20 – 11:30am (ET) - Oral Abstract Session III: Jennifer Isautier & Mary Abrams & Cheryl Vamos & Emily Wood
- Tuesday, October 20 – 1:00pm (ET) - Special Interest Group: Nursing: Research, Practice and Interprofessional Partnerships for Promoting Health Literacy
- Tuesday, October 20 – 2:30pm (ET) - Breakout Session D: Workshop: Optimizing Medication Information
Certified Public Health CPH: This activity is approved for up to 13 credits accepted by the National Board of Public Health Examiners' Certified Public Health (CPH) recertification program.
Librarians: This activity is approved for a maximum of 13 contact hours by the Medical Library Association (MLA).
California Nursing: Institute for Healthcare Advancement is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP# 11933, for up to 13 contact hours.
Physicians: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Loma Linda University School of Medicine and Institute for Healthcare Advancement. The Loma Linda University School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Loma Linda University School of Medicine designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 12.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program has been planned and implemented in accordance with ACCME essentials and standards. The Loma Linda University School of Medicine Office of Continuing Medical Education relies on its CME faculty to provide program content that is free of commercial bias. Therefore, in accordance with ACCME standards, any faculty and/or provider industry relationships will be disclosed and resolved.
• As a result of attending this conference, attendees will be able to identify at least one health literacy solution that can be used in their work.
• As a result of attending this conference, attendees will be able to review patient/client education program(s) to determine if health literacy solutions would be appropriate.
• As a result of attending this conference, attendees will be able to demonstrate the importance of using health literacy practices to the meet needs of my organization and/or target population.
All speakers, moderators, and planners have no actual or potential conflict of interest in relation to this program/presentation.
If you have any questions regarding continuing education credits, please reach out to Eskarlethe Juarez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
Please reset your password if you have trouble logging in.